Thursday, January 26, 2012

New phone~ /Alcatel OT-813D


I bought a new phone a week ago~ <3 Its ALCATEL One Touch 813D. I was never interested in Alcatel phones before, but I was really intrigued when first saw this phone from my friend Angeli during the ZE:A mall tour and I immediately liked it when I learned that it’s a touch and type phone that supports the use of dual sim as well! :D I had been looking for a nice looking dual sim phone before, since my other phone broke and I always feel so lazy charging two phones, so seeing this phone was like a godsend to me~ I researched about it when I got home and saw that the price was only Php 3,399.00! Really affordable for a phone that supports wi-fi plus other awesome features :D.

The box as you can see at the picture above doesn’t look like the typical box that usually cases a phone because in here we can actually see and inspect the unit without having to open the box. It makes it more interesting and I guess time saving as well especially on the part of the seller, haha. The phone comes in 5 colors and obviously I got the red one, because the other colors aren’t available then. I would have picked the purple one if I got a choice because Angie’s phone is also red.

Anyway so inside this tiny box were the phone of course, a manual, warranty and the usual accessories. I never would’ve thought that all the accessories would fit inside this especially when it looks so small and as if the phone had occupied all the space. 

Not really a fan of qwerty phones, but its tolerable *shrug*. The cover has a velvety feel
and not glossy so I wont have to worry about making any finger marks on it.

I don’t like that the manual/guide comes in this folded paper thingy, I mean a booklet would’ve been better! And it doesn’t really cover everything there is to know about the phone. I researched about the phone’s guide on the net and found one on Alcatel’s website and I think there were almost a hundred pages in that pdf? Come on alcatel, print it in a booklet type why don’t you? 


Intrested? You might also want to check the specs of this phone here, and there’s one on Alcatel’s webpage too. And here’s a video of the unboxing of this phone (below). There were a few things that I didn’t like about this phone, like its…
  •  lack of games (THERE IS NO GAME ON THE PHONE, but you can download some on the internet)
  •  lack of settings for just about anything about it that I would’ve wanted to change (I think….)  
  • it only reads .txt and .pdb files for ebooks (doesn’t most ebook comes in .pdf and .lit files?) plus I have no idea how to put the ebook there without having to go on the internet on my phone first
  •  it doesn’t play the music continuously (or maybe I’m just not that familiar with it yet) and I have to play the song first for it to be put on my ‘playlist ’ and not just add it there randomly
  •  it won’t view ‘too large’ pictures that my other phone can view just fine
  • the pictures it takes are just too LQ for a 2mp, compared to my other phone which is also 2mp. Everything just looks so gray and dull, changing the settings doesn’t even help.
  • the micro sd is placed at the back part before the battery, so I have to turn the phone off everytime I have to take it off and use my other one..

Just that and a bunch of other minor stuff no one really needs to know.

You might think that I probably regret buying this phone with all the negative stuff I listed, but no, I just love to complain is all. I still think that its pro’s outweighs the cons no matter what and the things I don’t like about it isn’t really that important anyway. 

And oh, btw I forgot to mention that its battery will last up to 3 days with standard use (up to 4 days in my case) but probably less than a day with the wi-fi and bluetooth open, and of course with heavy usage (audios, videos and games). Uhmm, I guess that’s it, I don’t know what else to say. Feel free to ask me if you have questions J, I’ll do my best to answer it as long as I can. 


No comments:

Post a Comment