Friday, December 23, 2011

My first contact lens ever! / EOS Puffy 3 tone Hazel

I had always wanted to try wearing contact lens but i was forever afraid to cause i have something against putting anything in my eye :/. But last week i eventually worked up the courage to buy one for myself (i actually had my friend order for the both of us because the mailman can't seem to find our house all the time). We bought from Japanese Candy because they were having a promo on their on hand contacts, buy 1 take 1 for Php700, and they seem legit seeing how Tricia and Crissey didn't really experience any weird effects on their sponsored lenses.

Anyway so last Saturday my friend received the package and i got my pair from her the day after. I think we ordered it on about Tuesday or Wednesday? Then she sent the money the day after.. the transaction went smoothly in my opinion and the shipping was pretty fast too and the items were packaged very well. The only complaint i have with them was that they didn't include the 80 ml solution that was suppose to be free if you buy 2 pairs of contacts plus they dont really answer your questions well, i mean if you ask them 3 questions in one message they would answer 1 then you ask them the 2 questions again then they would just answer only one question AGAIN.. (was that confusing? XD) and that itself was really annoying if you ask me, but other than that everything was okay.

I didn't get to take a picture of the whole package but as you can see here
 the lens were neatly packed in bubble wrap. Safe for shipping~ <3 

How the lens look inside the bottle~ pretty~ :33 

I got mine in plano :) and i chose brown so that it'd look natural on me :P

So to start it off i read Pinky Paradise's guide on how to wear and care for the lenses because i seriously had no idea seeing that this is my first time. Their guide was pretty informative and has directions for just about anything concerning the lens. I also watched a bunch of videos from Youtube just so i can see how it was really done on actual and not just read about it. :) Everything was really helpful but i still had a hard time putting these in. I think it took me about 3 hours? (i didn't even exaggerate.. >__>) I was so annoyed that i can't get them inside that i was almost close to giving up. Well, good thing i didn't because it eventually paid off. *sigh of relief* HAHAHA---> too happy XD

This is how they look without flash..

With flash~ still pretty natural right?

ENLARGEMENT- below is a comparison of with and without. It does enlarge the eyes as you can see~ I almost didn't recognize myself when i looked in the mirror~ XD *ignorant first timer* LOL.. This lens is 14.5mm btw :)


COMFORT- Id say that these were pretty comfortable to wear, but it does take a bit of getting used to. During the first few minutes i had that feeling that there's something inside my eye and a bit prickly too, but it eventually wore off and it wasn't painful as i thought it would be. I haven't tried wearing it for more than an hour yet so i'm not sure how long i can wear this before i feel any discomfort (because i was afraid that it'd get dry and stuff, and im not sure if i can use my multipurpose sol'n as lubricant or if i do have to buy a lubricant.. *rant rant rant* :P)

DESIGN- It looks really natural :) but they were pretty obvious seeing how my eyes looked bigger than normal.

It also came with a free lens case btw :)


Overall, im really happy that i got these as my first lens! :) I'll try to wear them a lot more so i'd get used to them. Hopefully it won't be so hard for me to put them in the next time i try. Sorry this post got so long~ :)

No comments:

Post a Comment